Conestoga will serve as the host institution for the 2022 Bocuse Alliance seminar, welcoming partner institutions from the world’s top culinary schools from October 3 to 7 to build connections, learn together, and explore topics of shared interest.
The week-long seminar will feature presentations and panel discussions focused on the themes of recovery and moving the industry forward in a post-pandemic world.
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to explore some of Ontario’s culinary and hospitality highlights through a winery tour and visit to Niagara, a trip to St. Jacobs Market and an Oktoberfest celebration at Bingemans.
Conestoga is the only Canadian member of the Alliance’s global network of 25 partners that represent the world’s top schools across 21 countries.
Representatives from schools in Taiwan, Finland, Ecuador, Singapore, France and the US will participate in this year’s event. Chefs Maxime Moise and Davy Tissot will attend on behalf of Institute Paul Bocuse. Chef Tissot is the 2021 winner of Bocuse d’Or, a global competition that is often referred to the culinary equivalent of the Olympic Games and includes chefs from 60 countries across 5 continents.
Panel discussion topics include:
- Lessons learned in hospitality and tourism from the pandemic - Tony Elenis, President, Ontario Hotel Association
- Being prepared for the next event and addressing the labour crisis - Dr. Altaf Sovani, Founder & CEO, Alzen Inc.
- Conestoga food innovation and research - BLOOM net zero carbon project - Nicole Detlor, Director, Food Innovation & Research, Conestoga College
- The restaurant of the future: what has changed in the last 2 years - Chef Donna Dooher, President, Restaurants Canada
- Impact of Covid-19 in the Galapagos Island - Giovanni Rosanía, University San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
For more information or to make arrangements to interview Chef Davy Tissot or other conference participants, please contact:
Keith Muller, Dean, School of Hospitality & Culinary Arts
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
email@example.com | 226-989-8436