On March 21, Conestoga’s outstanding employer partners and co-op students were honoured at the annual Employer Recognition awards breakfast at the Doon campus in celebration of National Co-op and Work-Integrated Learning Week.
Conestoga’s outstanding employer partners and co-op students were honoured at the annual Employer Recognition awards breakfast on March 21.
Hosted by the Career Centre, Co-operative Education, Work-Integrated Learning Support Services, and Corporate Training, the event recognized local employers who were presented with awards for their support of Conestoga’s programs, students and clients. Conestoga’s Co-op Students of the Year were also announced.
Through their programs, nearly 70 per cent of Conestoga students have access to work-integrated learning experiences which provide relevant hands-on learning in support of students’ education and future careers. More than 50 Conestoga programs offer a co-op component, resulting in over 2,000 co-op work terms annually.
“Conestoga is committed to providing our students, graduates and clients the best opportunities and skills necessary to succeed in their future careers. Thanks to our many partners, our institution continues to provide quality, skilled-based experiences and employment within our local community and beyond,” said Paul Osborne, associate vice president Marketing and Community Relations. “Employers and mentors welcome our students with open arms providing them valuable, real-world experience to enhance their overall learning. We’ve also seen examples of the value our students bring to employers helping their businesses thrive. It’s a partnership that we value greatly.”
Employer of Distinction Awards awarded by the Career Centre:
- Chicopee Ski Club
- DIZi Digital
- Gallery Stratford
- Total Quartz Automation
Employer of Distinction Awards awarded by Co-operative Education:
- ACL Steel Ltd.
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa
- Ren’s Pet Depot
- Texada Software
Employer of Distinction Awards awarded by Work-Integrated Learning Support Services:
- Ministry of Community Safey and Correctional Services - Probation and Parole
- Region of Waterloo Public Health & Emergency Services
- Volunteer Action Centre of Waterloo Region
- Waterloo Region District School Board - Paraprofessionals
Employer of Distinction Awards awarded by Corporate Training:
- Alder Construction Group
- Right at Home, Home Health Care & Assistance
Employer of Distinction Awards awarded by Alumni:
- Collaborative Structures Limited
- Eclipse Automation Inc.
Mentor of the Year Awards awarded by Co-operative Education:
- Petr Piro - Ontario Die International
- Tanis Kershaw - Public Health Agency of Canada
Student of the Year Awards awarded by Work-Integrated Learning Support Services:
- Karen Rodriguez - Event Management
- Swikriti Sharma - Enhanced Nursing Practice - Clinical and Critical Care
Student of the Year Awards awarded by Co-operative Education:
- Erin Ball - Bachelor of Business Administration - International Business Management
- Sarah Luis - Bachelor of Community and Criminal Justice
- Justin McKague - Electrical Engineering Technology
- Heather Bond - Bachelor of Environmental Public Health
- Katelyn Fancy - Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Jaden Ahn - Computer Programmer/Analyst
- Jonathan Collie - Bachelor of Design
Conestoga is just one of two colleges in the province to offer accredited co-op programs.