The Student Life Centre of Conestoga College will host Life is Like a Roller Coaster, a series of Awareness Day events on Thursday, September 27 at the Doon campus in Kitchener.
Through simulations, interactive displays and guest presentations, participating Conestoga students, staff and faculty will be able to better understand the impact that non-visible disabilities have on an individual’s personal life and on their prospects for academic and employment success.
Participants will be able to:
- Find out how a textbook can "talk” through use of an iPod
- Use a Dragon to speak to a computer
- Experience the Unfair Hearing Test
- Take the Virtual Road Test
- Test the reliability of their visual and hearing perception
- Get a Check-up from the Neck Up
There will be refreshments, prize draws and even entertainment:
- John Park’s comedy and juggling show.
- The Good Hearted Women, an Aboriginal singing and drumming group.
Life is Like a Roller Coaster takes place at the Student Life Centre (entry through Door #3) on September 27 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.