On September 23, the College Employer Council (CEC) announced that a new collective agreement is now in place for full-time and part-time faculty, instructors, librarians, and counsellors.
The agreement is the result of unconditional interest arbitration agreed to in March 2022 by bargaining teams representing CEC and the OPSEU academic employees in the effort to resolve outstanding issues and avoid a sector-wide strike.
Changes to the collective agreement include:
- Commitment to supporting Indigenous faculty
- Commitment to EDI
- Update to the counsellor class definition
- Changes to priority for partial-load employees
- Inclusion of “chosen family” in bereavement leave
- Taskforce to study workload
- Wage and benefits increase of 1%
The new collective agreement is a three-year renewal that will expire on September 30, 2024.
The full text of the arbitration award is available at www.collegeemployercouncil.ca