On April 11, 18 Conestoga graduates were presented with Alumni of Distinction awards at a ceremony held at the Waterloo Region Museum. The award recognizes outstanding graduates who have made significant contributions to their profession and their communities. Since its establishment in 1997, more than 200 graduates have been honoured with the award.
Eighteen outstanding Conestoga graduates were honoured with Alumni of Distinction awards at a celebration held on April 11.
“Our Alumni of Distinction come from a variety of backgrounds and academic achievements, but what they all have in common is the unwavering commitment to excellence that has helped them reach their individual goals, made their workplaces more effective and their communities a better place to live,” said Mike Cybulski, president, Conestoga Alumni Council. “Health care professionals, business leaders, skilled tradespeople, entrepreneurs, journalists, community workers, IT professionals and engineers - these are the people that shape our community and touch our lives every day. And many of them got their start at Conestoga.”
In recognition of their career achievements and contributions to the community, this year’s Alumni of Distinction honourees are:
- Harry Baker - Construction Engineering Technology, 1973
- Alison Carden - Software Engineering Technician, 2006
- Michael Carpenter - Computer Programmer Analyst, 2003
- Kelsey Engel - Educational Assistant, 2015
- David Frazer - Business Administration Management, 1997
- Robert (Bob) Frey - Nursing Assistant, 1978 and Nursing, 1981
- Gary Hauck - Construction Engineering Technology, 1979
- Kevin King - Ambulance and Emergency Care, 1995
- David Knott - Electronics Engineering Technology, 1985
- Allie Libertini - Community Integration through Co-operative Education, 2017
- Stefanie Miller - Paramedic, 2009
- Troy Miller - Business Administration Marketing, 1993
- Adam Plumstead - Electrical Engineering Technology, 2007
- Rachel Schoutsen - Videography, 2012
- Grant Schwartz - Welding/Fitting Apprenticeship, 1994
- Peter Shannon - Broadcasting Radio and Television, 1991
- Shannon Thompson - Food and Beverage Management, 2007
- Kathryn Young - Women in Skilled Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Carpentry, 2008
More than 124,000 Conestoga graduates contribute to the growth and prosperity of the region. Visit the Alumni website for more information.