In recognition of National Co-op Week, Conestoga’s School of Career & Academic Access, Department of Co-operative Education, and Corporate Training Department co-hosted an awards breakfast to recognize some of the college’s outstanding employer-partners and co-op students. The event took place on March 23 at Conestoga’s Doon campus.
During the celebration, 18 area employers were presented with awards for their support of Conestoga’s programs, students and clients through initiatives such as co-op placements, mentorship and other opportunities for individuals seeking transition to successful careers.
Three workplace supervisors were recognized for their outstanding mentorship and support of co-op students on work placements, and Conestoga’s Co-op Students of the Year were also announced.
Conestoga President John Tibbits thanked community employers and partners for their support and highlighted the important role they play in providing real-world experiences to students. Co-op placements help augment classroom learning, ensuring students are career-ready when they complete their programs
Currently, Conestoga delivers more than 50 post-secondary programs that include co-op work components to provide students with relevant work experience in support of their education and future careers.
Employer Award Winners:
- Atum Financial Services Inc.
- BlackBerry Limited
- Blind Ambition Design Galleria
- Brukar Inc.
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital
- Dave Davies Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Ltd.
- Focus21 Inc.
- Guelph Manufacturing Group Inc.
- Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro Inc.
- Landmark Cinemas
- Lyfestyle Financial Inc.
- PWO Canada Inc.
- Salford Group
- TreeHouse Private Brands, Western Waffles Division
- VisTech Manufacturing Solutions
Mentor Award Winners:
- Brenda Perak, Senior Manager Enterprise Planning - Christie Digital
- Elizabeth Black, Applicant Services Manager - County of Wellington
- Marc Bernard, Software Developer - Agfa HealthCare Inc.
Student Award Winners:
- Amanda Barratt - Bachelor of Interior Design (Honourable mention for the Provincial/National Co-op Award)
- Emily Arnold - Bachelor of Community and Criminal Justice
- Hannah Kelly - Bachelor of Public Relations
- Joshua Walsh - Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting, Audit and Information Technology
- Matthew Sokoljuk - Powerline Technician
The college’s School of Career and Academic Access delivers a range of skills training and support services to help individuals from across the community attain their career or employment goals.
The Corporate Training division delivers assessment services, workshops and customized training solutions to meet the workforce development needs of businesses and organizations.