In recognition of this year's National Co-op Week, Conestoga recognized some of the college’s outstanding employer-partners and co-op students at a special Awards Breakfast held on March 17 at the college’s Doon campus.
During the event 16 area employers were presented with awards for their support of Conestoga’s programs, students and clients through initiatives such as co-op placements, mentorship and opportunities for individuals seeking transition to successful careers.
Conestoga President John Tibbits congratulated the industry partners during the ceremony and thanked them for their participation in facilitating work-integrated and applied learning opportunities for Conestoga’s students.
Four workplace supervisors were also recognized for their outstanding mentorship and support of co-op students and three students were recognized as Conestoga’s Co-op Students of the Year.
Currently, Conestoga delivers 55 post-secondary programs that include co-op work components to provide students with relevant work experience in support of their education and future careers.
The School for Career and Academic Access delivers a range of skills training and support services to help individuals from across the community attain their career or employment goals.
Employers of Distinction:
- ALARMSHIELD Inc.
- Cambridge Brass Inc.
- Canadian Health Information Management Association
- Community Living South Huron
- Dare Foods Ltd.
- DC Foods Inc.
- Dr. Betty Fretz Optometry
- Linamar Corporate Office
- Manulife Financial
- Nithview Communities - Tri-City Mennonite Living
- Road Trek Motorhomes Inc.
- Rotary Club of Stratford
- Sandvine Inc.
- Swerve PR Inc.
- Teledyne DALSA Inc.
- Waterloo North Hydro Inc.
Mentors of the Year:
- Sunita Gulati, Probation Officer, Government of Ontario
- Kevin JaPaul, Mosaic
- Nancy Lemmon, +VG Architects
- Marian Redford, Union Gas
Co-op Students of the Year:
- Benjamin Lorantfy, Software Engineering Technology
- Morgan McLean, International Business Management
- Lyndsay White, Applied Health Information Science