Conestoga employees, retirees and alumni have made history with their record donation of $865,712 to support expansion projects at the college.
The goal for the Family Campaign was to raise $800,000 towards Conestoga’s overall fundraising objective of $36 million.
In a celebration held at the Doon campus on May 28, Conestoga president John Tibbits pointed out that no other college community in Canada has made such a significant contribution, and that Conestoga’s continued success is the direct result of the commitment and support of the college’s extended family
With support from federal, provincial and regional governments, Conestoga has embarked on the greatest expansion program in its history, undertaking a number of substantial infrastructure projects that will change the face of skill-based education in Ontario and support industry needs in our changing economy.
- A new campus in Cambridge that hosts the School of Engineering and Information Technology as well as the Institute for Food Processing Technology
- A Roofing Skills Centre and HRAC centre at the Waterloo campus
- A major expansion project at Doon for the School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services as well as a new Centre for Entrepreneurship
- A Motive Power Skills Training Centre in Guelph
- A Skills Training Centre in Ingersoll.
Conestoga is Ontario’s fastest-growing college, with a full-time enrolment growth of more than 42 per cent over the last five years. Almost half of the adults in the Region have participated in education or training courses at the college.
A recent study conducted by economist Larry Smith highlighted the need for continued growth if Conestoga is to meet the needs of the community and the local labour market.
For more information, visit www.conestogac.on.ca/giving
For media questions, contact Brenda Cassidy, Corporate Communications Manager, 519-748-5220 ext 3336 or firstname.lastname@example.org