Hotline: Students tuition grant hotline 1-888-449-4478
Students are eligible if:
- They are full-time students at a public college or university in Ontario
- It’s been less than four years since they left high school
- They are in programs that they can apply to directly from high school
- Their parents' gross income is $160,000 or less
- They are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons
- They are Ontario residents.
How to Apply
Students who already receive OSAP don’t need to do anything - they’ll automatically be considered. If eligible, the grant will be deposited directly into their account or mailed to their school-year address.
Students who do not currently receive OSAP can apply online. Before starting, they need:
- Their parent(s)’ Social Insurance Number (SIN) number(s)
- Their own Social Insurance Number (SIN) number
- The information from Line 150 from their parent(s)’ 2010 Canadian Income Tax Return(s).
To complete the application, students need to:
- Go online at http://www.ontario.ca/30off
- Register for an OSAP Access Number
- Fill out and submit the online application form
- Print the signature pages - they need to sign one and their parent(s) will also have to sign one (pages may be submitted separately)
- Mail or fax the signed pages to: Student Financial Assistance Branch,
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities,
P.O. Box 4500,
189 Red River Road, 4th Floor,
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6G9
What Students Will Receive
For the January, 2012 semester, students in degree programs will receive $800. Students in diploma or certificate programs will receive $365.
For the 2012-2013 school year, students in degree programs will receive $1,600; those in diploma or certificate programs will receive $730.
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2012