The Retooling for the Trades is being offered through the Conestoga Career Centre, Guelph and Waterloo campuses. This program is designed to measure your Essential Skills levels and compare them against trade standards. It’s simple: Measure your Essential Skills, compare them against the standards of the trade you are pursuing, Upskill only the pieces you need - at your own pace, and check again to see how far you’ve come. Here’s the best part, you’ll learn better, do better and get to success faster in the trades!
Why is Retooling for the Trades important?
- Did you know that only 1/3 of apprentices actually complete their training?*
* Ontario must commit to doubling apprenticeship completion rate, May 2007 Colleges Ontario
What are Essential Skills?
- Essential Skills are the foundational skills needed for WORK, LEARNING and LIFE.
- These skills are the “Velcro” for other technical skills to stick to
- Essential Skills include: Reading Text, Document Use, Numeracy, Writing, Oral Communication, Thinking Skills, Working with Others, Computer Use, Continuous Learning.
Who should use The Retooling for the Trades?
- Individuals thinking about Apprenticeship
- Apprentices who want to ensure their success in trade school
- Employers interested in the success of their Apprentices on the job.
How do I get started and find out more?
Contact the Conestoga Career Centres to reserve your spot! We offer continuous intake and information sessions at both locations.
(519) 885-0300 ext 5223
(519) 824-9390 ext 333
Here are the next couple of info session dates for both campuses:
- Tuesday, July 13th, 3 - 4 pm
- Wednesday, July 21st, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 27th, 10-11 am
- Wednesday, August 4th, 3-4 pm
- Tuesday, August 17th, 3-4 pm
- Wednesday, July 14th, 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 20th, 3-4 pm
- Wednesday, July 28th, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 3rd, 10-11 am
- Wednesday, August 18th, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 31st, 3-4 pm