Dept / Campus: Student Affairs / Doon
Closing Date: August 12, 2012 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Counsellor (Faculty)-Part-time Contract (Aug 2012-April 2013)
The Student Affairs Department requires two qualified individuals to provide counselling services consisting of a broad range of personal, academic (including screening for learning disabilities), and career counselling to students within the College programs.
• MSW (RSW) or M.Ed. in Counselling with a supervised practicum in counselling
• two years of experience in the counselling field with a diversified client base
• demonstrated experience with crisis intervention and short term counselling interventions
• strong assessment skills and clinical experience in working with clients with mental health issues
• experience delivering psycho-educational groups and workshops
• demonstrated ability to work within organizational systems
• comprehensive knowledge of community resources
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• ability to work well within a team environment.