The PSW to PN bridge program builds on the education and experience of the Personal Support Worker (PSW), to develop the knowledge, skills, and judgement required to enter into the second year of the Practical Nursing Program. This unique pathway will provide the opportunity for PSWs to continue to work part-time, gaining valuable experience in the health-care field, while working towards their Practical Nursing diploma.
- A Personal Support Worker certificate from an Ontario accredited college
- Proof of current employment as a Personal Support Worker
- The following Ontario Secondary School courses (or equivalents), with a minimum cumulative average of 75% are required:
- Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications (COMM1270)
- Grade 12 Mathematics, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics (MATH1395)
- Grade 11 or 12 Biology, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Biology (SCIE1010)
- Grade 11 or 12 Physics or Chemistry, C or U, or equivalent, or Grade 11 or 12 Science (SNC3M or SNC4M), OR Conestoga College Preparatory Physics (SCIE1020) or Preparatory Chemistry (SCIE1030)
Note re: Admission Requirements
It is recommended that Biology be completed within five years prior to the start date of the program.
For more information on the admission process, please contact:
Admissions Officer - Part-time programs
519-748-5220 ext. 3429